TezAsia is Asia’s largest Tezos hackathon with over $14,000 USD in prizes and $50,000 USD in potential grants Co-organized by TZ APAC, Tezos India, and Chainstack.
Applications for the month-long hackathon, TezAsia, will open on July 26th. The hackathon challenges participants to leverage the energy-efficient Tezos network to build solutions across three tracks:
- DeFi: Re-Invent traditional financial products into trustless and transparent Decentralised Finance(DeFi) apps with a Carbon Negative impact.
- NFTs & Collectibles: Bring about the next wave of climate positivity by Innovating, Building, Gamification of non-fungible tokens, and fuel the creator economy.
- Tools & Wallets: Create your version of a digital asset wallet, hardware or software with a twist on sustainability.
TezAsia aims to help participants learn, grow, and excel in the blockchain domain. The hackathon will be held on the Devfolio platform and offer $14,000 USD in prizes across all tracks.
Through the TezAsia Hackathon we want to embed an innovation-driven culture by solving real-world challenges. Showcase your skills at our hackathon and win amazing prizes.
⭐️ 1st Place: $5,000
⭐️ 2nd Place: $3,000
⭐️ 3rd Place: $2,000
⭐️ 4th/5th Place: $500
⭐️ Best in Track: $1,000
Our goal is to identify, encourage and facilitate ground-breaking work within blockchain vis-a-vis sustainability. Hence, this becomes your greatest chance to demonstrate your coding skills. We have set aside additional bounties for the following as well:
- The top 5 shortlisted projects have the opportunity to receive a follow-on grant of up to $10,000 each.
All you need is a flair for coding and an eye for good code — this is the right time and place for you! We recommend a team of 2–3 exceptionally motivated and passionate #inforthetech developers and entrepreneurs.
We believe that it is imperative to create a positive experience for people participating at TezAsia. And we want to present this as an opportunity for our contestants to learn, grow and excel. Here is what’s in it for you:
- Compete from anywhere: Our diverse and competitive hackathon allows you to participate in an online hackathon from anywhere in the world. So, Hack Away!
- Training Workshops: Step up your blockchain game! We will support you with a great parallel track, hosting knowledge-sharing sessions and blockchain transitions. This will definitely add value to your learning curve (than before).
- Mentoring & Building: Sometimes, Google will not help you out with everything! Pair up with Mentors. Brainstorm ideas, challenges and solutions with the leading industry experts.
- Jump start your idea: What if you find your AHA moment while building something really cool? Be your own #boss and apply for additional grants up to $10,000!
- Cool Swag: Receive branded merchandise and goodies from Tezos for zealous participation. Remember your blockchain journey with us.
“Asia is brimming with promising talent that’s yet to be discovered. Through TezAsia, we’re looking to identify and support budding talents on their growth journey by equipping them with the platform and resources they need to create game-changing solutions.” — Katherine Ng, Head of Marketing and Operations at TZ APAC
TezAsia aims to foster future blockchain talent with training and mentorship programs that will not only support their journey with upskilling but also connect them with leading industry experts to tackle new challenges and pioneer innovative solutions.
Novices, advanced coders, students, working professionals, and blockchain enthusiasts from a wide spectrum of industries are encouraged to apply to kick start their blockchain journey through the Tezos ecosystem.
“Efficiency has always been a key priority at Tezos. Through TezAsia, we’re calling all participants to put their best foot forward to build transformative solutions that would address various sustainability challenges in crypto space. Together, we can work towards building a greener future powered by Tez.” — Om Malviya, President, Tezos India
Chainstack’s managed blockchain solutions for the Tezos network enables developers to deploy, manage, and scale their solutions across multiple staging environments.
“Chainstack’s mission is to make Web3 accessible to as many builders as possible. Our state-of-the-art blockchain infrastructure will enable TezAsia Hackathon’s participants to build, run, and scale their innovative blockchain applications, from experimentation to production, in an easy and cost-effective way. This is just the beginning of a long-term collaboration, as we will soon be launching developer infrastructure and managed blockchain services for the entire Tezos Ecosystem.” — Alex Albano, Chief Growth Officer, Chainstack
The tentative schedule of TezAsia is listed below:
- Application open: 20th July, 2021
- Applications close: 7th August, 2021
- Kick-off event: 10th August, 2021
- Result Announcement and Pitch Day: 12th September, 2021
Registration for the TezAsia Hackathon is now open to all at https://tezasia.devfolio.co/